Fizzle Out
I have decided to write this post, a short post, outlining things that have gone terribly wrong and things that have gone incredibly right. Instead of writing a long winded post detailing out things which I don't think I want to elaborate on, just a few points to get things out of me, offer some promise of peace.
So here it goes:
Things that have gone wrong:
a. Not getting a job in MSI. I had pinned all my hopes on this job and in many ways it was my dream job. I was not expecting to not get it. I worked hard, and with sincerity. I waited for six months for it to work out. And just as I was losing it all (and not having a problem with it because I knew a job was close), I also lost the job. I was extremely heartbroken and not to mention, stressed.
b. Promotion Event. I have been waiting for over two months for a certain promotion event to go live for Warm Regards. According to our estimate, even on the least side, we stood to gain. I was excited. I, pinned all my hopes, again, on this one event. The event started and it has been nothing worthy of mention. It has been like all other things I have hoped for so strongly in life- a damp squib.
c. Some jobs- that have not worked out for others. This has been hard because I expected point (a) and (b) to be in place and be the kind of person who supports others. Well, that has not happened.
d. The situation I am in. I wish I had my own house, my own space and nobody else I was fighting with for anything- overtly or covertly. I wish it was all mine. I wish I did not feel the pressure to win. I wish I did not always feel like I was losing.
Things that have gone right:
a. New house: As our house is going to be renovated, we will be temporarily moving into another house (a dream house of sorts!) and I am really excited about it. When we come back, this house will become a dream home and I am looking forward to living in it.
b. New plans for WR's promotions. After the disastrous promotion event, I am contemplating creating a new one.
c. A new job. I have hope that something better than MSI will come up. In so many ways, I am free to re-think the kind of job I want to take up- maybe work in a small organisation and make all the difference I can make? Or maybe, work in a big organisation and use all the time and money to push Warm Regards?
I am being positive, but to be very honest, I am also losing patience.
So here it goes:
Things that have gone wrong:
a. Not getting a job in MSI. I had pinned all my hopes on this job and in many ways it was my dream job. I was not expecting to not get it. I worked hard, and with sincerity. I waited for six months for it to work out. And just as I was losing it all (and not having a problem with it because I knew a job was close), I also lost the job. I was extremely heartbroken and not to mention, stressed.
b. Promotion Event. I have been waiting for over two months for a certain promotion event to go live for Warm Regards. According to our estimate, even on the least side, we stood to gain. I was excited. I, pinned all my hopes, again, on this one event. The event started and it has been nothing worthy of mention. It has been like all other things I have hoped for so strongly in life- a damp squib.
c. Some jobs- that have not worked out for others. This has been hard because I expected point (a) and (b) to be in place and be the kind of person who supports others. Well, that has not happened.
d. The situation I am in. I wish I had my own house, my own space and nobody else I was fighting with for anything- overtly or covertly. I wish it was all mine. I wish I did not feel the pressure to win. I wish I did not always feel like I was losing.
Things that have gone right:
a. New house: As our house is going to be renovated, we will be temporarily moving into another house (a dream house of sorts!) and I am really excited about it. When we come back, this house will become a dream home and I am looking forward to living in it.
b. New plans for WR's promotions. After the disastrous promotion event, I am contemplating creating a new one.
c. A new job. I have hope that something better than MSI will come up. In so many ways, I am free to re-think the kind of job I want to take up- maybe work in a small organisation and make all the difference I can make? Or maybe, work in a big organisation and use all the time and money to push Warm Regards?
I am being positive, but to be very honest, I am also losing patience.
Comments
So nice to get a peek into your happening life every once in a while, and keep seeing your resilience shine through.