Ten Reasons I Want to Live on My Own
1. I want to cook my own food.
2. I want to grow flowers, fruits, vegetables and herbs on my window without anybody telling me not to. I want to keep indoor plants in my toilet, bathroom and at the door. I want to make rangolis or light diyas at the door all year round.
3. I want to have a pet bird- Perch and its pal Vinca.
4. I want to shift to an organic life. Organic food. Soap nuts to wash clothes, use earthen and wooden cooking ware etc.
5. I want to mop and sweep my floor. I want to clean my own bathrooms with a home made safe detergent. (Neem+ Lemongrass oil+ Effective Microbes)
6. I really really want to make compost in two big jars. I want to use cocopeat and toss the soil whenever I want to air the roots.
7. I want to host my friends. I want one friend of mine to live with me for a while at least when she is extremely stressed. I also want to return the kindness that others have shown when I am in their homes.
8. I want privacy.
9. I want to structure my life according to what I want- washing clothes, utensils, cooking etc exactly when and how I want. I want a big board or a wall where I post my thoughts and make my plans. I want to hang my pictures on the walls. I want to read and work without having something else waiting for me.
10. I want to feel like a better person.
2. I want to grow flowers, fruits, vegetables and herbs on my window without anybody telling me not to. I want to keep indoor plants in my toilet, bathroom and at the door. I want to make rangolis or light diyas at the door all year round.
3. I want to have a pet bird- Perch and its pal Vinca.
| At this time there were butterflies all over the window! |
5. I want to mop and sweep my floor. I want to clean my own bathrooms with a home made safe detergent. (Neem+ Lemongrass oil+ Effective Microbes)
6. I really really want to make compost in two big jars. I want to use cocopeat and toss the soil whenever I want to air the roots.
7. I want to host my friends. I want one friend of mine to live with me for a while at least when she is extremely stressed. I also want to return the kindness that others have shown when I am in their homes.
8. I want privacy.
9. I want to structure my life according to what I want- washing clothes, utensils, cooking etc exactly when and how I want. I want a big board or a wall where I post my thoughts and make my plans. I want to hang my pictures on the walls. I want to read and work without having something else waiting for me.
10. I want to feel like a better person.
Comments
When you move to a new one, call me over, okay?
(You didn't talk of handloom curtains and rugs and candles and painting the walls yourself - these are quintessentially spinster-ish)
The nameplate? Let DD manage that.
And you can hang festoons and art-craft stuff prepared by your kids all around the house.
Oh ho! When will you move out??