In a Compartment for Ladies...
My friends and I had our monthly meeting yesterday.
We decided to go to an amazing Chinese diner.
It was my first dinner with friends…
Sigh…
After finishing our dinner, and gobbling fives types of dessert we were all ready to go home.
My friend LA and I stood on the platform for the train as we felt thousands of lecherous eyes on us. It was not ok. I told myself; once the train comes; we will be away from these eyes, safe in our ‘ladies compartment’.
However, a rude shock was in store for us. It was 10.50 pm, and at that time, the ladies’ compartment turns general. Which meant that all these desperate men would jump into the ladies’ compartment.
And jump they did.
I was not angry. This was the second time that I had experienced this- ladies turning into general etcetra.
LA and I sat next to a family and a few women. I shared with LA my theory. These men who travel in the ladies’ compartment in the night, do so because they get some sort of sexual satisfaction when they sit on the seats used by women. I am sure she thought this was some theory I came up with after conducting some research on men…she just heard me, did not say anything.
I then had to alight from the train. I asked LA to take care of herself, surround herself by women or that family, and said goodbye.
When I went towards the door, there were five men on the entrance. They all looked back at me and said, “Oh no, there is a ladies, take the ladies position”.
I glared at them. One guy who was standing right in front of me, I shall call him Blue (simply because he was wearing a blue shirt) looked at me and said, that I wouldn’t get to alight as the men would barge in. I thought at this hour, where will there be any rush. Another one asked me to stand very close to the wall right behind the door and gave me instructions, “Don’t try to get out. Let everyone get in and once that is done, slowly move out”.
Just as he finished saying this, people starting jumping into the train. I heard someone say, there is a woman here, don’t push.
One guy shielded me from all the crowd. I heard some men screaming, abusing and even hitting him.
As soon as the whole of Bombay got inside the compartment, Blue made a small passage and said, “Madam Get down” I feared the train would move and I said no I am not getting down.
“Madam get down, before the train starts moving”.
And I just couldn’t let their efforts go waste. I got out.
Not all men get into the ladies’ compartment post 10 pm for sexual satisfaction.
We decided to go to an amazing Chinese diner.
It was my first dinner with friends…
Sigh…
After finishing our dinner, and gobbling fives types of dessert we were all ready to go home.
My friend LA and I stood on the platform for the train as we felt thousands of lecherous eyes on us. It was not ok. I told myself; once the train comes; we will be away from these eyes, safe in our ‘ladies compartment’.
However, a rude shock was in store for us. It was 10.50 pm, and at that time, the ladies’ compartment turns general. Which meant that all these desperate men would jump into the ladies’ compartment.
And jump they did.
I was not angry. This was the second time that I had experienced this- ladies turning into general etcetra.
LA and I sat next to a family and a few women. I shared with LA my theory. These men who travel in the ladies’ compartment in the night, do so because they get some sort of sexual satisfaction when they sit on the seats used by women. I am sure she thought this was some theory I came up with after conducting some research on men…she just heard me, did not say anything.
I then had to alight from the train. I asked LA to take care of herself, surround herself by women or that family, and said goodbye.
When I went towards the door, there were five men on the entrance. They all looked back at me and said, “Oh no, there is a ladies, take the ladies position”.
I glared at them. One guy who was standing right in front of me, I shall call him Blue (simply because he was wearing a blue shirt) looked at me and said, that I wouldn’t get to alight as the men would barge in. I thought at this hour, where will there be any rush. Another one asked me to stand very close to the wall right behind the door and gave me instructions, “Don’t try to get out. Let everyone get in and once that is done, slowly move out”.
Just as he finished saying this, people starting jumping into the train. I heard someone say, there is a woman here, don’t push.
One guy shielded me from all the crowd. I heard some men screaming, abusing and even hitting him.
As soon as the whole of Bombay got inside the compartment, Blue made a small passage and said, “Madam Get down” I feared the train would move and I said no I am not getting down.
“Madam get down, before the train starts moving”.
And I just couldn’t let their efforts go waste. I got out.
Not all men get into the ladies’ compartment post 10 pm for sexual satisfaction.
Comments
Thing is, they know it too well, wat can happen if we raise a ruckus over abuse.. i think they prefer acting like gentleman rather than being kicked in the balls.
But yes, i agree, that many are genuinely caring and protective.
refreshing i say
I read the last two posts too. But wasn't able to think about saying something suitable.
I'm sorry.
some of them, yes.
dd,
:)
..........,
:)
vanita,
true, not all men are bad, but i still maintain- most are! ;)
r,
ha!
titash,
sorry?! come on!